Monday, May 25, 2015

Horseback Riding

Hi y'all! If you read my last blog you know I love horseback riding! It is so much fun! I am doing a riding show this Friday! And I can not wait! It will be my first riding show. I have been taking lessons for a little over a year. Right now I am working on my canter. For my warmup I am doing half seat, sitting the trot, double posting, and posting, each way, all at the trot. I also have to tighten the girth and check the stirrups. Then mount after a tack check were my teacher checks the girth. I'm not aloud to trot until everyone has mounted. Then you do the warmup. After the end of the lesson since my class is the last lesson of the day we have to untack the horses we rode during the lesson. I enjoy doing it. It is one of my favorite days of the week! It is the one day each week I get to ride and be around horses! I am hoping one day I will own my own horse! The horse's name would be Willow. My teacher gives me a different horse each week. Some of my favorites are Elmo, Rey, and my first favorite Raider! Raider is a Palomino horse. I love horses and hope you do too! Thanks for reading!
Bye!

This is Arthur.

Aka: Wooly Mammoth


This is Joe Fog.





2 comments:

  1. Love the horses and can't wait to see pictures of you in the show! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete